Sunday, March 11, 2007

Why I Give

Alright, so so many people always whine and complain about giving their 10% to God and i was at this wedding on saturday which i was working - they were short-staffed and called me to see if i would help waitress and so i did and i met these guys and they asked me if i give my 10% to the church - and i didn't have time to chat with them because i had to go back and grab more food, but it got me thinking about this concept. It's not about the church wanting money, it's about what Jesus did for us and that's why we give. How can he provide if his people never give? Okay well He is God and could totally make it happen but if you follow me with what i mean. The giving is not for the church, or for God necessarily, it's for us. Do we trust God with our finances? Do we trust that giving him our First fruits - our best 10% will come back to us that God will look out for us? i know as being a student, i sometimes struggle with that, like i have no income coming in and you want me to give? as if! but i give because of what he has done for me and because it is what he has asked me to do - and it's all about being obedient right? i've just seen God work miracles in my life, and miracles not being super huge things, but when we are obedient, God is so there to bless that and being obedient is not easy and i don't do it to be blessed, but i've witnessed his faithfulness time and time again from my obedience, God will not let you down...just give because you love him, he knows your heart. I don't know what else to say, i know there was more to say in this blog - working on saturday earned me the EXACT amount i needed to buy my piano, now how else would these people know that i was buying a piano and to pay me the amount that i needed? yeah, no they wouldn't know that...my roommate's mom is here and their church is sponsoring us for this year and so we got a package in the mail today that had a whole pile of stuff in it, so unexpected, it was like christmas, we dug in like little kids who had never gotten presents before, we were so excited, i will have to send th picture!! we got essentials you know, like razor blades, body wash, puff balls, eye liners, lip colour, makeup bags etc!! so great!!! we have colour conference this week coming up and it's going to be a long week, but i'm excited to see how God stretches me this week - pray for me though that i do not forget God this week, because without my quiet times with him i will be a wreck!! k well my roommate's mom made us an amazing meal so it's time for me to go eat!! peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home